Toronto Camera Club Membership Privileges
Being a Member of the Toronto Camera Club offers many privileges, some of which are outlined below.
- The club will give you an opportunity to have your work evaluated and to earn your way from the Beginners Division to the Masters Division. Awards are given to recognize levels of achievement. If you want to learn how judges evaluate images, you are welcome to attend judging evenings. Note that images taken with mobile phone cameras and tablet cameras are allowed.
- At the Talking Photography Lecture Series, which members have the privilege of attending at no extra cost, you will hear speakers provide an insight into their photographic specialty.
- The darkroom is available for members who can demonstrate their competence in its use. Learning sessions for this purpose are available.
- Club outings give you an informal way to get to know other members and to share techniques with them.
- You will have an opportunity to enter your digital images, or prints in the annual International Salon where you can compare your work against entries from many other countries. You may also enter the annual competition held by the Greater Toronto Council of Camera Clubs.
- The club library has a wide selection of books available to members. Check it out before meetings and at intermissions. It is one level up from the auditorium. Also, on the upper level is the Powell Gallery. Enjoy the selection of prints displayed for your interest and appreciation.
- We have an Image Evaluation Group that meets regularly, check the website calendar for details.
- Membership entitles members to participate in club competitions, display a website gallery, receive achievement awards, participate in workshops, free admission for the Talking Photography Series, outings and much more. Members may be eligible for discounts at certain stores.
Image Credit: Monica Dingle, Milkweed Seed Pod